FRIENDS of the Pine Plains Free Library (7775 South Main Street, Rt. 82) will hold a BOOK SALE for 3 days on Memorial Day Weekend on 2nd floor of the Library
Saturday May 29, 9:30 – 2:00 p.m.
Saturday PREVIEW at 8:30 – 9:30, for $10 (members of FRIENDS are free)
Sunday, May 30, 11 a.m. – 2 p.m.
Monday, May 31 9 a.m. – 1 p.m.
Social Distancing to be observed. MASKS are mandatory.
Come shop a vast array of fiction, non-fiction, children’s, self-help, historical, crafts/hobbies and more!
For more info please call 518-398-1927
To all Pine Plains Residents- Please be advised that the New York State Department of Transportation will be sweeping the State Roadways located within our Town tentatively Thursday April 29, 2021 and Friday April 30, 2021. Please do not park along the State roadway during this period of time. The sweeping efforts will occur overnight and into the early morning hours. Although not convenient for those trying to sleep, this is the safest time for the NYSDOT to perform these duties.
Please keep in mind that this sweeping project will target only State roads. Thank you!
TOWN OF PINE PLAINS
DUTCHESS COUNTY, NEW YORK
NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
PLEASE TAKE NOTICE that a public hearing will be held by the Town of Pine Plains Planning Board on the 14
of April, 2021, at 7:30PM, for the purpose of hearing all persons for or against the minor subdivision application
submitted by Cedar Ridge Farm, LLC for a property located at 8032 NYS Route 82 Town of Pine Plains, Dutchess
County, State of New York, Tax Map No. 6972-00-163395.
This meeting will not take place in person in accordance with the Governor’s Executive Order 202.67. Until further
notice, meetings will be held via videoconferencing. The town of Pine Plains has organized an interactive Public
Hearing for 7:30 pm on April 14
th, 2021. You will have an opportunity to see and hear the meeting live and provide
your comments in the comments section of Zoom. Comments for the public hearing session can also be sent in
advance of the meeting to email@example.com or written and sent in to town hall. A dial-in number
is also available if you do not have access to a computer. This meeting will be recorded and a transcript will be
available at a later date.
Topic: Pine Plains Planning Board Public Hearing and April Meeting
Time: Apr 14, 2021 07:30 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 895 6443 6830
One tap mobile
+19294362866,,89564436830#,,,,*058683# US (New York)
+13017158592,,89564436830#,,,,*058683# US (Washington DC)
Dial by your location
+1 929 436 2866 US (New York)
+1 301 715 8592 US (Washington DC)
+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
+1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
+1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
+1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
Meeting ID: 895 6443 6830
Find your local number: https://us02web.zoom.us/u/kbL4CV7SjF
Alternatively, the public hearing may be viewed live on the Planning Board’s YouTube channel at:
By order of:
Town of Pine Plains Planning Board
The Town of Pine Plains Planning Board will be holding a special meeting on Wednesday, March 24th,
2021 at 7:00 pm for the purpose of a minor subdivision application by Cedar Ridge Farm, LLC. The
meeting will be conducted via Zoom and broadcasted to the Planning Board’s YouTube channel at this
Tricia Devine Town of Pine Plains Planning Board Secretary
- Review p. 89-91 of Implementations Section of Comp Plan Update and enact
Zoning Review Action Items: Some Specifics
- Increase size of Business/residential district to allow for living over a business. Evaluate zoning districts with the goal of increasing density to encourage affordable housing development in the hamlet and near the business district. Foster growth in hamlet and manage agricultural landscape in rural districts. Be proactive not reactive. Foster diversity in business district.
- Solar Law
- Review, update and add new definitions (e.g. short-term rentals, resort calculation for allowable size)
- Murphy/Chase Property 20 acres Lake Road/Mitchell Property/Catholic fields
Need to be brought into residential district acreage requirement in order to build cluster housing. Consider form-based codes for developments.
- 5-acre density zoning clarification and discussion.
- Zero-lot-line zoning in hamlet. Examine concept. Useful for affordable housing owned not rented Consider zoning overlay to allow for building in open lots around town. See Rural Build attachment.
- Setbacks, ingress and egress: Non-conforming properties set-backs issue: can we reconcile these with our set-back requirements, as they don’t conform to any zoning as is? Front and side lawns also bear looking at. Form-based codes apply? How? Liberta Property has been zoned out of existence, needs to be brought in somehow.
- Manufactured housing—site review required but the last TB changed the size of the house requirements to allow for single-wide trailers. Previous recommendations were for housing sizes to be in keeping with double-wides which look more like real homes. Why? Why not?
- Review ridgeline protections and amend as needed. Consider wind turbine threat.
- ADUs: Accessory dwellings: revise to allow for renting an accessory dwelling on one’s property to anyone, not just family. Examine setbacks.
- Merging properties.
- Permissive activities.
- NND—keep or discard?
Sign up to be notified of emergencies and important information affecting Town residents of Pine Plains.
Please reach out to Alice at the Town Hall 518-398-8600 X1
or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Choose how you want to be notified: Text, cell phone, e-mail or land line.
Please share this information with your friends and neighbors who may not be on-line. Thank you.